iPhone LCD or screen cracked? 5 things you must know!
Jump straight to the answer for iPhone cracked screen and screen repair by clicking on the links below!
iPhone LCD replacement and iPhone screen repair explained!
Hello everyone! The purpose of this post is to debunk ALL of the frequently asked questions for iPhone screen repair – when you end up with A CRACKED IPHONE LCD or screen!
Modern smartphones are becoming more susceptible to cracked displays due to its large screen size. It looks really displeasing to the eye – you may even end up with a cut finger if you are not careful.
Of course, your friendly neighborhood handyman at Mister Mobile can replace your iPhone cracked screen in a jiffy, but that’s beyond the scope of this article. You may check out our services and prices for iPhone screen replacement here.
These are the Top 5 questions for cracked iPhone LCD or screen.
1. “HELP! I just cracked my iPhone screen! Do I need to replace ONLY the screen or also the LCD display as well?”
It all boils down to the impact on your phone when you drop it, and, frankly, your luck. When you find yourself with a cracked iPhone screen, there are 2 possibilities:
iPhone Screen repair for cracked screen or glass
There are cracks on the exterior layer of your iPhone screen. You only need to replace the glass (also commonly referred to as the “screen” or “digitizer”).iPhone glass replacement is possible only if your LCD display is working perfectly, and it is 100% touch-sensitive. The repair cost for iPhone glass replacement is much cheaper compared to replacing a full LCD assembly (we will be talking about this later).
iPhone LCD replacement for cracked interior display
Second, it becomes more costly when you damage the interior of your LCD. It does not matter if the outer layer is cracked or not – once the interior layer is damaged, you have to replace the full iPhone LCD assembly consisting of the LCD display, the touch screen flex, and the glass (commonly referred to as simply “LCD” or “LED” or “OLED”).
The common symptoms when your iPhone LCD is damaged:
-Lines appearing on your LCD display
-Blacked out display
Should these symptoms appear after you have dropped your phone, chances are, your iPhone is due for an LCD replacement.
Can I change the LCD without replacing the glass?
It is NOT POSSIBLE to replace only the iPhone LCD without replacing the glass due to 2 reasons.
- We purchase our parts in one set which includes the glass.
- The existing glass will definitely be unusable after the LCD and glass separation process.
2. Will you use original parts for iPhone LCD/ iPhone screen repair/ glass replacement?
- “Brand Copyright Infringement – Unless you’re licensed to sell Apple iPhone parts, you’re not technically allowed to advertise new “Original” parts, even if the item is new and 100% authentic. If you ever see the words “for iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c” etc. at the end of the item title or advertising pitch, now you’ll know why. Apple has actually been fairly quiet about imposing seizures at customs and online marketplaces for those who sell parts without authorization.” – Source – harvestcellular.net
To abide by this consumer law, we refer to our products as “Grade A” or “Grade B”. Our “Grade A” parts are as good as original, which is as good as what you get at authorized Apple service centers.
If you come across any repairers in Singapore who advertise their iPhone cracked screen repair parts as “original”, think twice – chances are, they are selling you the exact same parts as we do but at a higher price.
We define ourselves as an alternative solution, who can provide iPhone cracked screen repair which is cheaper, faster and is more accessible than authorized service centers without compromising on quality. Our technicians are highly trained and we are able to handle many issues which they can’t. For example, Apple offers only iPhone LCD replacement, even if you just need to replace the glass (Source: Apple Singapore).
3. What is the difference between iPhone Grade A replacement and Grade B replacement?
The easy answer? Grade A is always better than Grade B!
Our Grade A parts are:
- As good as the original.
- Its touch sensitivity is 100% responsive.
- Its background colour is white.
- It will break less easily than Grade B parts.
Should your glass break again, you can still opt for another glass replacement service.
Our Grade B parts are manufactured by suppliers from China. They are targeted for consumers who wish to fix their iPhone cracked screen at the cheapest price.
Grade B LCDs are
- Less touch-sensitive.
- Has a blue-ish background.
- Breaks more easily after impact.
Should your glass break again, it is impossible to replace just the glass – you can only replace the full LCD assembly.
For everyone looking for iPhone cracked screen repair, do inquire carefully and thoroughly to avoid being overcharged!
At Mister Mobile, we offer these services:
- Grade A and Grade B glass replacement AND
- Grade A and Grade B LCD replacement
We will always recommend Grade A iPhone LCD or screen replacement due to its reliability.
Notes for Grade B glass replacement: Technically, we will just swap your cracked-glass Grade A LCD to a new, working Grade B LCD. We then sell your cracked-glass Grade A LCD to buyers who refurbish it. We offer this category of repair to customers who are looking for the cheapest repair option available.
4. Why do you need 2 hours for iPhone screen repair when other repair providers can do it in 30 minutes?
This is the typical repair-cycle when you replace your iPhone glass with us.
- 10 minutes – In-processing and a full test of your phone to ensure all components are working fine.
- 10 minutes – Disassembling your iPhone.
- 15 minutes – Separating the glass and iPhone LCD using specialized machinery.
- 15 minutes – Applying a brand new Grade A glass onto your existing LCD.
- 30 minutes – Heat-induced process to adhere the new glass firmly to the existing LCD, using specialized machinery.
- 10 minutes – Assembling your iPhone
- 10 minutes – A full test of your iPhone to ensure your phone is working perfectly before you leave.
- Total time taken – 100 minutes.
As you can see, it takes approximately 100 minutes to replace the glass of one iPhone. It may even take a little longer during our peak period.
Why so long?
Other service providers are able to do it in 30 minutes because they do a straight swap of a new Grade A iPhone LCD with your existing cracked-glass LCD, postponing or sub-contracting the tedious and time-consuming process of actual glass replacement to a later date.
You will probably be getting the same end result, but you will not be getting the same iPhone LCD which you sent in.
Notes: We are able to carry out this 30-minute iPhone LCD-swap process too, but we will only do so at the request of our customers who have time constraints.
5. Does the price-savings of up to 60% justify choosing a third-party service repair provider over the Apple service center?
Yes and No.
- No data loss – 99% of the time, should there be no unforeseen circumstances, your phone data will remain intact.
We advise you to back up your data before coming, but it will save you the hassle of restoring your backup.
At the Apple service center, you will face data loss 100% of the time.
- Very fast – We can fix your iPhone cracked screen within 2 hours, whereas Apple service center needs at least one working day.
- Convenient. You can fix an appointment with us at your convenience, walk in, and repair your iPhone in a jiffy. No waiting in line, no disappointment.
- Voided Apple warranty – your warranty with Apple will be void after repairing your phone with us. This is understandable as your set has been “tampered” with, based on their definition.
This is especially important if you are carrying a newly-launched iPhone within warranty (example: the newly launched iPhone XS and XS Max, at the time of this blog was published).
Sometimes, the price savings does not justify the loss of 9 to 11 months of warranty left on your iPhone.
What if your iPhone breaks down and it happens to be a very costly issue?
Besides the voiding of your phone’s warranty status with Apple, we do not see any other reasons why we third-party repairers in Singapore should lose out to authorized service centers because we are faster, cheaper, and more flexible. At Mister Mobile, we place a great emphasis on customer service too, and our experienced customer service staff and technicians will probably do a better job than them!
Also because we do it better, because we do it safer, because we do it with a smile!
Find us now at:
Comments are closed